Each year The American Red Cross collects cards between October and early December and then distributes them at military installations, Veterans hospitals, and in other locations around the world.
Accu Clean Environmental Solutions, LLC is participating for the third year, to help spread cheer to the men and women of our Armed Forces who can’t be home for the Holidays. If you would like to participate with us this year, we can arrange for pickup of batches of cards. Here are a few guidelines to help you on your way:
Every card received will be screened for hazardous materials and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working around the country.
You do not need to go out and buy cards, homemade cards mean just as much to the people receiving them. Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member.” Cards addressed to specific individuals can not be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send or include letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards: the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos: these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Please refrain from choosing cards with glitter or using loose glitter as it can aggravate health issues of ill and injured warriors.
- If you are mailing a large quantity of cards, please bundle them and place them in large mailing envelopes or flat rate postal shipping boxes. Each card does not need its own envelope, as envelopes will be removed from all cards before distribution.
Cards must be received by The American Red Cross by December 6th. Please make sure to have your cards turned in no later than November 27th to allow time for mailing.